Welcome to Chaos & Quiet! Thanks for stopping by.
Chaos & Quiet was created to help busy families simplify and organize their chaotic lives. Our goal is to provide you with top-notch information, advice, and support – we want to help create that village that so many of us are lacking.
If it’s your first time here, we know that navigating all of the information on this site can be overwhelming. This page is designed to get you started.
I’m Laura – practising lawyer, mom of three, and the face behind this blog. I love writing, appreciate a good meme, and am constantly trying to organize and simplify my chaotic life.
A little bit about me:
- I’m a Mom of three little ones. I have two boys, ages 8 and 6, and a 3-year-old daughter. They’re my world, and they also drive me to the brink of insanity on a somewhat regular basis.
- I’m a lawyer, and I’m married to a man with an equally demanding career. Add on three kids, and running a blog on the side, and life is busy (but whose isn’t?).
- I’m a perfectionist, trying to accept the fact that perfect has no place in my current season of life.
- I have a dry sense of humour, and appreciate being able to laugh at the situations we find ourselves in as parents.
- I’m an aspiring minimalist, currently losing the never-ending battle against all of my kids’ stuff.
- I’m an introvert. I can’t think of a better way to spend an evening than curled up with a glass of wine and a good book or a movie.
Let Me Show You Around
On Chaos & Quiet you’ll find articles about parenting (including baby and family travel-related posts), motherhood (including working parent resources), and organizing. You can click on each topic above to explore that category in depth. Or, check out some of our most popular posts in each category below:
- Travel LEGO Kit (With 32 FREE Printable Activity Cards!)
- From One Child to Two: 6 Tips to Ease the Transition
- 11 Children’s Books to Ease Your Child’s Separation Anxiety
- 11 Realistic Tips to Help You Become a More Patient Parent
- First Child Versus Second Child: How Parenting Changes
- 16 Inspirational, Funny, and Refreshingly Honest Working Mom Quotes
- 12 Practical Tips to Help You to Thrive as an Introverted Parent
- The Reality of Being a Working Mom
- Some Days Are Hard
- How to Make Time for Quality Time With Your Kids
- 9 Time Management and Organization Tips for Working Moms
- How to Manage the Invisible Mental Load of Motherhood
- How to Organize Kids’ School Papers
- 8 Simple Habits for an Organized Home
- How to Declutter Your Home in 5 Easy Steps
Connect with Me
Thanks for joining me!